Monday 28 September 2009

Sinister Dexter Pg.1 final

Page one is all finished now. I think I'm fairly happy with how the page turned out and I have to admit, I do like the nice clean black lines that hold it all together.



Here, if you're interested, are the inks.



For the uninitiated, Sinister Dexter are hitmen and have been written by Dan Abnett since he and David Millgate created them in around 1995.
Sinister Dexter is a really great strip and since getting back into 2000AD it has been one of my favourite stories. I've really enjoyed doing this page and I think it shows, so I hope to get another couple of pages of inks done to show, but I'm glad I've got this in addition to the other pieces I'm currently planning on showing.

3 comments:

james corcoran said...

A nice change of pace or you Kev, the colours for some reason remind me of John McCrea which is no bad thing

Conor said...

Nice work Kev. Good to see you're pushing your boundaries too.

matt dawson said...

Sense Withnail... I think you are right to stick with the inked line for this piece (the painted approach might be more suited to a story such as the Vikings tale you were working on...? more earthy...?). Glad to see the 2CV is yellow, had to be :) Great colouring and a nice south of France feel to the setting.