Tuesday 3 June 2008

Concept Design

I've been trying to get some work with video games developers...

To that end I've produced a few relatively quick concept pieces. Firstly, environment concept paintings, these are really quick 150dpi photoshop paintings...

The Haunted Graveyard

Colonel Gerald's Sitting Room

The Mountain Pass

The Snowy Wood (you may have seen this one before)

Secondly I've done some Pirate designs, I decided to pick Captains and Cooks as being particularly archetypal in a Treasure Island kind of way...

Sketched thumbnails to show a variety of my concepts:

Presentation of my favoured approaches with alternative colour schemes.

I tried not to get too tied up with being perfect, these are, after all, only supposed to be concepts...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Kev, I'm loving the backgrounds and new characters, esp. the woods and the cooks. I love the capt. on the right. Him and all the cook sketches deserve a bit of a watercolour wash, as the line work is perfect already. You could use that page to open up the Sketches section of your website, which I've been visiting every so often in the hope of seeing some of your gorgeous scribblings, but alas it's still blank.

The woods are brilliant, but I like the other backdrops alot too. The colour in the Colonels sitting room is really nice.

Anonymous said...

Kev: I'm loving the medieval-meets-mechanical on the cook's leg! I'm sure you could go nuts (pun intended) on that concept!

Gary

CB said...

hay!!! Your work is fascinating! COngratulations, I am a graphic artist, and I wish some day I could create artwork like yours! very inspiring