Thursday 19 June 2008

QI Gang - Delicate Distortions


Alan Davies, probably best known as Jonathan Creek... I've heard that there's a new TV special coming later in the year, that could be worth a watch.


Phil Jupitus, another regular on QI and also the other team leader on Nevermind the Buzzcocks with Bill Bailey.


Jimmy Carr, is everywhere, perhaps he's omnipresent, 8 out of 10 cats, Quiz of the year (success down to Noel Fielding and Russell Brand I think there) and is also a regular on QI.

All of these guys also have great stand-up careers, a common feature of stand-up of course is that all important punchline!

Bit of a theme here with these caricatures, I'm not sure about the Alan Davies, but I like the Jimmy Carr... They're pretty quick to do in Photoshop to this sort of standard, but should I pursue this direction any further? With no work coming in, things are pretty concerning.

I think my caricatures aren't that extreme, more sort of delicate distortions but not portraits.

QI Gang sounds like the name of a Jedi to me...

5 comments:

matt dawson said...

SUBLIME Kev...! Might there be an opportunity to try and sell these if you put them in a show context (such as Stephen Fry's Gutenburg programme recently... so you might put him period costume &/or have him in an illuminated manuscript style with gothic type around him...???)...discuss. You might have Fry as a Holmes type character with a magnifying glass viewing all things begining with F for the new series of QI...??? Keep the faith, ABC!

Vhrsti said...

Admirable works!

Anonymous said...

These are great, I especially love the one of Jimmy Carr. x

timafli said...

They are very nice caricatures.

Anonymous said...

I like the Jimmy Carr one. Well, I like all of them really, but I laughed when I saw Jimmy because his face always reminds me of a story I heard about him ...

Apparently after a gig where he'd been particularly rude (isn't he always ?) and at length about people with a little more weight than they'd perhaps like and this larger lady had come up to him in a beligerant manner and started to berated him; "I think you're fattist Jimmy", she snarled, to which he replied, "No darling, I think you'll find that you're fattest", and walked away.

Just shows that even off stage, he's not worth heckling!