Friday 20 June 2008

Freeing My Bonds

A hoard of Bonds?


James Brawn

Double O Saving

Doublet Status

Eye Spy

Bond of Marriage

Bawned, Jaymsh Bawned
the original and still the best!


My Puns aren't great, but some of the others I had were worse - Double O Suaving, Oh, Oh Heaven and Sleak Rat Agent for example were awful. Have a go at coming up with witty alternatives for 007's names, it's not as easy as you think.

I'm really happy with Sean, Daniel and Pierce. These are all quick Photoshop efforts, I did colour for Sean and Daniel as they are the book ends for the character and I'm just playing at the moment, trying to gauge how successful/commercial these things might be.

12 comments:

matt dawson said...

They all have something but the Sean is EXCELLENT, really perfect! I love the way you have kept the pure white highlight from the original photo, it really accentuates the volumes and rendering. You've perfectly captured that youthful Connery twinkle. You MUST finish this one at the very least...either white jacket (did he also have a red button hole...?) and black tie (as in Dr No.) or black jacket and black tie. Stick the hole thing in the gun barrel circle and Bond's yer uncle! GREAT WORK KEV!!!

Dave said...

Thanks for posting these. Really nice stuff. I think the Dalton's my fav.

Great stuff on the blog as a whole too :)

Unknown said...

these are awesome pieces ...well done...I love the SEan Connery one...

Connie said...

We like the top and bottom ones best.

franhilz said...

very good job - this is a nice hoard

merlinprincesse said...

Thanks for the smile! Indeed, the first one was the best. But his accent is NOT so awfullllll..heheh.. jshhhh...

Anonymous said...

These are fun. Why is Daniel's head so big? He looks really strange. Sean is great but I never liked him all that much (always seemed too slimy...yuk) but I love the playfulness of Timothy most.

Roberta said...

Your work has amazing likeness!
So enjoyable.

froggie is... said...

ACCCCCCCCCCCCCCCKKK!!!! peachy is PERFECT! love all of them but ol 'a healthy smack on the fanny to all my women" connery is my fav. every nook and cranny. great work, kevin! :))

Anonymous said...

Wow Kev, you've been busy. I had no idea you were so good at characatures. They're all awesome. I think Alan Davies need a bigger mouth, but they're all brilliant.

Carolyn said...

fab caricatures! extremely well done!

knallbeige said...

wow, great hoard