Thursday 29 May 2008

Illustration Friday - "Worry"

Worry as a singular term didn't feel right to me - worry has never been alone when visiting me, usually it comes with all it's little friends and sometimes brings its brothers, panic and frustration...



So here then, is my little box of worries, full of all those inner demons and evil things that sit on your shoulder telling you that you're no good and that everyone hates you.

This was roughly coloured in photoshop, (worked-up from a couple of sketchbook pages) I'm not sure if I'll take it to a finished piece. I was trying to work out some intricate carving for the sides of the box but worried that might be distracting from the demons!

Whilst working on this I've been thinking of Pandora's Box and a TV program made by the BBC in the eighties called 'A Box of Delights' (which starred the fabulous Patrick Troughton of Dr. Who fame).

Anyway, I won't trouble you with any more of my worries...

6 comments:

Tony Sarrecchia said...

Nice job. I like the way you interperted the topic.

Patrick said...

Very nice take on the theme. Pandora's box is a perfect symbol.

van dyke said...

I like the concept of your illustration. Love the demons! Nice!

Paul Moyse said...

Great concept and execution Kevin, nice job!

froggie is... said...

yiikkkees!!!! this is great, kevin! great very cool demons, viscuous, scary, whispy guys. love how you did that green swirly color! :))

dugbuddy said...

great work on this. interesting color solution. inviting colors but the drawing is haunting. good combo.