Friday 23 May 2008

Illustration Friday - "Wide"

Tenuous, I know, but Triceratops are quite wide...

step six - rendered art

step one - rough shapes
step two - tightened up shapes
step three - sketched details
step four - tightened pencils
step five - line work

This was some work I did for a publisher who've just reneged on our deal and I'm no longer doing the "how to draw dinosaurs" book. I had been waiting for a final brief and thought I at least had this work as a bit of a safety-net when it eventually came in. It's a bit too complicated to go into but I've been badly let down...

There's a lesson to be learnt here... not sure what it is though!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, I'm so sorry. I thought the book sounded cool, that realli is a shame and very dissapointing behaviour from them. I like the dino too although I always imagine them as various shades of green as a way of hiding in foliage so it is quite nice to see him in another colour. Really looking forward to our weekend of fun, x

Bee said...

Really sorry to hear you've been let down. These drawings are great and the book sounds like a fantastic idea - hope you'll take the idea to someone else. (An aside... quite surprised to see another 'qualia' posted above, I run a small hand-made card company called 'qualiacards'...a great word!)