Wednesday 12 August 2009

Spider-man 01

The next topic for DrawerGeeks is Spider-man. I've not only gone overboard on this, I've taken a whole life raft with me (and we've both got carried away!). Yes, I've scripted, sketched and provisionally lettered this two-page strip. These are the pencil roughs ready to tighten-up. I've got a lot to do before Friday as I want this fully coloured for submission also!


If you'd rather wait for the final lettered strip to appreciate the thing in full, please look away now!



I think it's pretty clear what's going on - just a little gag suggested by Matt.

I wanted some strip work other than Dredd and 2000Ad related stuff in my (comics) portfolio - hopefully I'll get to show this at the Birmingham International Comics Show this year. My heart is definitely still in 2000AD, but I need to consider other avenues and Spidey has always been one of my other favourites.

2 comments:

qualia said...

very exciting move. great to see you trying other characters, even if dredd is still your first love.

Matt Soffe said...

excellent work as usual kev. I particularly like the first and fourth panels of page 2 - lovely faces going on there!