Thursday 23 April 2009

Under the Bridge

Well, I'm nearly settled in the new abode but I'm struggling to find my stride with regard to getting back to work properly... I need to focus rapidly as deadlines are starting to loom like mountains on the horizon now!
What I could do with is a "no pressure, no ties" sort of thing, something small, where it doesn't matter what the final piece looks like, just a deadline of some sort...

...the new topic for DrawerGeeks is TROLL.



The thought process behind this one was simply: There is no way something as evil and conniving as a troll is going to be outwitted by something as bone-headed as a goat.
I vote for an alternative ending for 'The Three Billy Goats Gruff' when the third and oldest goat happens upon the bridge the Troll thinks that this goat, although bigger, looks a bit stringy. The Troll decides to saddle this goat up, ride into the field where the other littler goats went and have himself a nice feast. Then it's off to market to sell the big dumb animal he's riding.

6 comments:

Graeme Neil Reid said...

Welcome back to the land of internet. I'm sure I've met that troll in Bristol.

matt dawson said...

This troll really kicks ass .. well kicks goat! Lovely inking, great characters... the goat is spot on, the cold dead eyes of a killer... and knobbly knees to win first prize at any holiday camp! More, more, more of these quirky quickies sir!!!

verification word: disteut - old black jazz man pointing out his trumpet to someone, as in "see dis toot here...." :)

Lee Townsend said...

Welcome back Kev! cool troll-see you in Bristol

phil said...

Hi Kev,

I LOVE your troll, the goat's great too, but the troll is the star of the piece. I love seeing your mischievous sense of humour come through in your work. Kev Lev on top form in my opinion.

qualia said...

trolls are scary and this one is no exception. what a quirky and lovely piece, x

Brine Blank said...

That's great...nice setup on this...and I hear you about the difficulties this time of the year...spring fever I think???