Thursday 26 May 2011

Pepping It Up

Final art then for the much pimped Tyranny Rex commission:


Sometimes I go to silly lengths for effect. Rob asked for an in joke - the script for Phase V of Zenith... Grant Morrison wrote four books of Zenith, so-called phases, but I doubt there will ever be a fifth. You can only just see it in the final piece, and it took about half an hour of fiddling to get it right - D'Oh! I'm not even going to mention how long it took to find reference for the Our Price bag.


Finally on this, for the process completists amongst you - here are the final inks too.


I'm available for commissions like this and the Dredd piece I did earlier in the year. please feel free to contact me via the e-mail address in the sidebar for a quote.

11 comments:

Phil Toodle said...

Kev, the colouring on this is gorgeous! I love the details like the Our Price bag and the script. You've reached a new peak.

qualia said...

I'm with Mr Toodle. The colours are brilliant. I love the logo for the club too.

RobE said...

Lovely work sir,
The colouring exceeded my expectations - loving the green skin texture. Thanks for putting so much into this and surprising me at every stage.

Mark Kardwell said...

Nice work.

I'm not saying I'm an OCD hoarder or anything, but I think I have a 20-year-old Our Price bag upstairs.

Gibson Quarter said...

Good Stuff Kev!

Jayleon said...

VERY much liked the 'Our Price' touch. Nice!

Emperor said...

Brilliant work.

LEE said...

That's beautiful - and the Our Price bag is an absolutely inspired touch!

Anonymous said...

I'm almost speechless Kev - the end result looks AMAZING! The casual positioning of the objects, the body language, facial expressions; all tell a story. Needless to say the texturing if flawless. An outstanding piece of art. If I had produced this I'd be tempted to blow it up and proudly hang up #:-) Bertles

matt dawson said...

What to say that hasn't already been said... as polished a piece as I've ever seen sir. Worth the effort to add all those details. Your attention to detail shows your love of the subject. Even with all the intricacies the whole thing holds together and the wonderful palette and composition make things sing!

Pye said...

that's totally awesome Kev, I love it! The colouring is sublime, and I really dig all the little details - dino logo, OP bag etc.
The pic as a whole reminds me of Pete Doherty's stuff (His art, not his stripteasing)...